Jobs up for quote
Fiber to the Home Pedestals
DFO is requesting quotations on fiber pedestals and multiport service terminals as part of a fiber-to-the-home prototype project
- Pedestals should be a minimum of 10” diameter with fiber slack storage available for customer drop cables.
- Customer drop cables will be in micro-duct with a trace wire. Provision must be made to ground and locate up to 5 drop cables
- Pedestal must support a 4 position multiport service terminal
- Alternative customer termination options will be considered. Plug-and-play installation from the MST to the customer is required.
- Multiport Service Terminals shall have 4 weather proof ports similar to Corning OptiTap type.
- Multiport Service Terminals must have a fiber pigtail compatible with 10mm (ID) microduct. A known compatible cable is AFL part number MC04DA6-7.4.
- Pigtail lengths will vary from 300 to 1200 feet.
The total number of units required is 65.
- One additional 6-port Multiport Service Terminal will be required with a 1200’ pigtail. This is in addition to the 65 previously listed.
DFO review all qualified proposals received and will select a vendor the week of 9/19/2011. All proposals should include expected lead times on both pedestals and Multiservice Terminals